Emmert Mortensen  (1688-1742)
- Emmert Mortensen, my gg grandfather, was the “founder” of the Emmertsen/Emmertson family, some of whose members moved to Utah, and had successors there.
- Emmert Mortensen had, among other children a son Peder Emmertsen Dom. Quasimodog. = 20 Apr. 1732 (https://www.sa.dk/ao-soegesider/da/billedviser?bsid=349972#349972,69526052), and a son Jacob Emmertsen 20 Trin. = 7 Nov. 1734 (https://www.sa.dk/ao-soegesider/da/billedviser?bsid=349972#349972,69526055). Margrethe Mortensdatter carried the child; perhaps a sister to Emmert Mortensen. One of the witnesses was Laurs Holst, who must be Morten Laursen Holsts father, a family with ties to this one.
- I cannot seem to find neither Emmerts nor Birgitte Hansdatters births in Bregnet Sogn. They are not mentioned in Thorsager Sogn either.
- There is a couple betroathed in Bregnet Sogn in 1684, Morten Smid (Smith) and Maren Rasmusdatter. There is a small possibility they may be Emmert Mortensens parents, but it may not be after all, since Emmert apparently wasn’t born in Bregnet Sogn.
- Born: 1688
- Marriage: Emmert married Birgitte Hansdatter , b. 1691, d. 1775.
- Friedrich Emmertsen , b. 1719 in Rønde, Bregnet Sogn, d. 1784. He married Anne Nielsdatter Stæhr , b. 1733, d. 1803. They had at least one child, Emmert Friedrichsen , b. 1759, d. 1795. He married Mette Kirstine Mortensdatter , b. 1765 in Bregnet Sogn, d. 1803. They had 5 children: Anne , Mette , Frederich , Fridrik  and Emmert .
- Hans Emmertsen , b. 10 Nov. 1726.
- Morten Emmertsen , b. 15 Feb. 1728.
- Peder Emmertsen , b. 1 Apr. 1732 in Rønde, Bregnet Sogn.
- Jacob Emmertsen , b. 31 Okt. 1734.
- Died: 9 Sep. 1742
Emmert Mortensen i Rønde 54 Aar