Mothers fathers father:
Mothers fathers mother:
Mothers mothers father:
Mothers mothers mother:
Fathers fathers father:
Fathers fathers mother:
Fathers mothers mother:
Mothers father: Jens Rasmussen  (-)
Mothers mother: Karen Andersdatter  (-)
Fathers father: Mads Pedersen  (1776-1846)
Fathers mother: Johanne Andersdatter  (1776-1851)
Father: Peder Madsen  (1800-1887)
Mother: Maren Jensdatter  (Ca. 1797-1887)
Johanne Marie Pedersdatter  (1828-1919)
- Johannes familysearch page: https://www.familysearch.org/tree/person/KWJJ-DLB
- Johanne was a sister to my fathers mothers father (farmors faster).
- Knud Emmertsen and his family may possibly be the reason that my fathers mothers brother was baptised Emmerth, and my fathers 2nd middle name, Emmerth.
- That Knud and Johanne emigrated to the USA may possibly be the reason, that my fathers mothers father, Anders Pedersen (Johanne’s brother) applied for, and was granted, citizenship in USA (New York).
- The last names of the children in the censuses beklow are different because a new name law was made around 1856. However, it was not followed with complete consequence all over the country right away.
- She may have lost her eyesight in her old days.
- From the parish departure list, Veng, Hjelmslev, Skanderborg 30 apr. 1853:
Joh. Marie Pedersdatter, 24½ years old,
(handling) from Lodger? P. Matzen in Nr. Vissing
(where moved) Neder Hovedgaard in Kattrup Sogn
(Alm. Jvnf.reg.) 208-78
(Anm.) 30 apr. 1853
- From the parish departure list, Veng, Hjelmslev, Skanderborg 31 okt. 1854:
Joh. Marie Pedersdatter, 26 år,
(handling) from ? P. Matzen Do [Nr. Vissing]
(where moved) Hovergaard
(Alm. Jvnf.reg.) 210-88
(Anm.) 31 oct. 1854
- Census 1860: Skanderborg, Hjelmslev, Veng, Nørre Vissing
Knud Emmertsen 31, married , Carpenter, wright, joiner, Torsager S., Randers A.
Johanne Marie Peders. 32, married, his wife, b. here in the parish
Emmert Knudsen, 5, unmarried [their son] here in the parish
Jens Peter Knudsen, 3, unmarried [their son], [here in the parish]
Maren Knudsen, 1, unmarried [their daughter], [here in the parish]
- Census 1870: Århus Købstads Sogn, Nørrebrogade 33
Knud Emmertsen, M, 40, married, Thorsager Randers, head, master carpenter
Johanne Emmertsen, F, 41, married, Veng Skanderborg, housewife
Emmert Emmertsen, M, 14, unmarried, Veng Skanderborg, child
Jens Peter Emmertsen, M, 12, unmarried, Veng Skanderborg, child
Maren Emmertsen, F, 10, unmarried, Veng Skanderborg, child
Kirsten Emmertsen, F, 5, unmarried, Veng Skanderborg, child
- Rejsen fra Liverpool til New York, 13 Sep 1876 – 23 Sep 1876 med skibet Wyoming
A Compilation of General Voyage Notes
NAMES OF RETURNING MISSIONARIES. — William L. Binder; Thomas Callister, James T. Belliston, Edward W. Clark, John Hawkins, David Bullock, Peter Bell, Henry Parker, Soren Petersen, John M. Larsen, Mads Christensen, John N. Larsen, and N. H. Gronlund.”
MS, 38:38 (Sep. 18, 1876), pp. 602-03
“Wed. 13. [Sep. 1876] — The steamship Wyoming sailed from Liverpool, England, with 322 Saints, in charge of William L. Binder. The company arrived at New York Sep. 23rd, and at Salt Lake City Oct. 3rd.”
“. . . A company of 150 emigrating Saints left Copenhagen by the steamer ‘Cameo,’ Sept. 8, 1876, together with the following returning elders: Soren L. Peterson (leader), Mads Christensen, John M. Larsen of Salt Lake City, Nils J. Gronlund and John N. Larson of Moroni. After a voyage of 61 hours the ‘Cameo’ arrived in Hull, Sunday, Sept. 10th, at 8 p.m. The following day, the emigrants were conveyed by train to Liverpool, where they, together with other emigrating Saints and returning missionaries, embarked on the steamer ‘Wyoming’ and sailed on the 13th. After a successful voyage of the ten days, they landed safely in New York. Elder William L. Binder was leader of the whole company, which left Jersey City by railroad train for Salt Lake City, where they arrived Oct. 3rd. One death occurred on the train. . . .”
- Census 1910: Ogden Ward 4, Weber Co., Utah, USA
Emertson, Johanah M.
Mother of four
81 years old
7 children born
4 children alive
can read and write
- From the newspaper The Daily Standard in Ogden, 5 Apr. 1910:
Johanna Emmertson and Mary Emmertson Mires have filed a petition in the probate division of the district court for the Issuance of letters of administration to the latter in estate of Knud Emmertson, deceased. The deceased died at Huntsville, June 25, 1909, and left an estate values at $1,000. The heirs are the wife and four children.
- Born: 31 Aug. 1828, Nr. Vissing, Veng Sogn, Hjelmslev Herred, Skanderborg Amt
- Baptised: 7 Sep. 1828, Veng Sogn, Hjelmslev Herred, Skanderborg Amt
- Confirmated: 1843, Veng Sogn, Hjelmslev, Skanderborg
Johanne Marie Pedersdatter i Vissing
[Daughter of] Crofter Peder Madsen and Wife Maren Jensdatter of Vissing
[The Confirm.] Born 31 aug. 1828, bapt. 7 Sept. 1828.
[Knowledge and conduct] mg and mg [very good] and [very good]
[Vaccinated by] Mr. Grill 10 okt. 1828
- Marriage: 18 Feb. 1855, Kattrup Kirke, Kattrup, Voer, Skanderborg to Knud Emmertsen , son of Emmert Emmertsen  and Kirsten Knudsdatter . Knud was born 24 mar. 1829, Faarup, Nørhald, Randers, bapt. 17 Maj 1829 in Thorsager, Øster Lisbjerg, Randers, and died 28 Jun. 1909 in Huntsville, Weber, Utah, USA.
Ungkarl Knud Emmertsen tjenende paa Neder Hovedgaard, 26 Aar, født i Faarup 24 Marts 1829. vacc. 2 Aug. 1832 af Nave?, confirm. 1843 i Thorsager Kirke.
Pigen Johanne Marie Pedersd. tjenende paa Neder Hovedgaard, 26 Aar, født i Wissing 31 August 1828; confirm. i Wenge Kirke 1843.
Forloverne: Stephan Voigt, Carl Jensen
Bachelor Knud Emmertsen serving at Neder Hovedgaard, 26 y.o., born in Faarup 24 Mar. 1829, vacc, 2 Aug. 1832 by Nave?, confirm. 1843 in Thorsager Church.
Maiden Johanne Marie Pedersd. serving at Neder Hovedgaard, 26 y.o., born in Wissing 31 August 1828, confirm. in Wenge [Venge/Veng] Church 1843.
- Emmert Emmertsen (Knudsen) , b. 1 Jul. 1855 Nr. Vissing, Veng Sogn, Hjelmslev Herred, Skanderborg Amt. He died 12 Feb 1936, and was buried 13 Feb 1936 in Ogden City Cemetery, Ogden, Weber, Utah, United States. He was apparently married to a Petra F. (Andersen or Sørensen?) , b. 27 Feb. 1854, d. 21 Aug. 1932.
- Jens Peder Emmertsen (Knudsen) , b. 19 Mar. 1857 Nr. Vissing, Veng Sogn, Hjelmslev Herred, Skanderborg Amt, died 6 May 1928 in Huntsville, buried in Huntsville Cemetary, Huntsville, Weber Co., Utah, USA. He was married (probably on 10 Dec.1876 – Endowment House, SLC, Utah) to Inger Marie Thomsen , b. 13 Oct. 1857, d. 26 Sep. 1940, a daughter of Niels Thomsen  and Maren Hansen . (See this tree https://www.familysearch.org/tree/pedigree/landscape/KWZK-WH1). According to Jens Peders death certificate, he was apparently struck by an automobile, and died from several fractured ribs perforating his lungs.
- Maren Emmertsen (Knudsen)  (aka Mary Mires nee Emmertson), b. 8 Jan. 1860 Nr. Vissing, Veng Sogn, Hjelmslev Herred, Skanderborg Amt, died 7 Dec. 1925 in Ogden, Utah, buried in Ogden City Cemetary. It is stated that she married a Oscar Kilburg in 1881 in Nr. Vissing. It seems to be untrue, primarily because she emigrated to Utah in 1876, and there is no mention of the marriage in the Veng Sogn church books.
On 27 June 1885 in Lehi, Utah, United States she married William Henry Mires , b. 25 January 1856 in Cleveland, Cuyahoga, Ohio, d. 28 June 1931 in Malad City, Oneida, Idaho.
- Unnamed daughter , b. 9 Aug. 1862 Nr. Vissing, Veng Sogn, Hjelmslev Herred, Skanderborg Amt, d. 22 Sep. 1862 ibid before baptism.
- Kirsten Marie “Katie” Emmertsen (Knudsen) , b. 2 Apr. 1864 Nr. Vissing, Veng Sogn, Hjelmslev Herred, Skanderborg Amt, d. 15 May 1949 in Rock Springs, Sweetwater, Wyoming, USA. She was buried at Mountain View, Uinta, Wyoming (Find A Grave Memorial ID 76699878 “Katie M Emmersen Larsen”). In Huntsville, June of 1880 she married (1) Peder Skaarup Christensen Wangsgaard , (1858-1915), a son of Christen Christensen Wangsgaard  and Kirstine Pedersdatter , both of Snedsted, Thisted, Denmark. No children listed for Kirsten Marie and Peder. On 15 May 1882 in Huntsville, Utah she married (2) Harry Edward Bartholomew , (1861-1942), a son of Harry Bartholomew  and Rachel Renner . Kirsten Marie “Katie” and Harry had 4 children.
On 15 May 1906 she married (3) Ole Larsen , (1860-). No children listed.
- Rasmus Emmertsen , b. 12 Jan. 1867 (Remarks: “Parents are Mormons”) in Nr. Vissing, Veng Sogn, Hjelmslev Herred, Skanderborg Amt, d. 6 May 1867 ibid. (Remarks: “Named and buried by the father”).
- Unnamed son , b. 21 Feb 1870 in Århus, Denmark (https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:3QS7-994D-F8X4?i=63&wc=M52M-HZH%3A357517401%2C357517402%2C357517403%2C357644901&cc=2078555), d. Jul. 1870.
- Died: 2 Mar. 1919 Ogden, Weber, Utah, USA, 89 years old
- Buried: 5 Mar. 1919 in Huntsville Cemetary, Utah, plot 6-1-8, USA
- Birth and baptism: https://www.sa.dk/ao-soegesider/da/billedviser?epid=17127812#171795,28846876
- Confirmation: 1843, Veng Sogn, Hjelmslev, Skanderborg: https://www.sa.dk/ao-soegesider/billedviser?bsid=171796#171796,28847177
- From the departure list, Veng, Hjelmslev, Skanderborg 30 apr. 1853: https://www.sa.dk/ao-soegesider/da/billedviser?epid=17127812#171797,28847354
- From the departure list, Veng, Hjelmslev, Skanderborg 31 okt. 1854: https://www.sa.dk/ao-soegesider/da/billedviser?epid=17127812#171797,28847357
- Marriage: https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:3QSQ-G94W-T9KW-9?i=178&cc=2078555 (Vielsen er indført i Kirkebogen for Tolstrup, Voer, Randers selv om vielsen er forrettet i Kattrup Kirke)
- Census 1860: Skanderborg, Hjelmslev, Veng, Nørre Vissing, 3, 141, FT-1860, C3036
- Census 1870: Århus Købstads Sogn, Hasle, Århus, opsl. 7 https://www.danishfamilysearch.dk/sogn2920/census1870/opslag8992382
- Census 1910: Ogden Ward 4, Weber Co., Utah, USA: https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:33S7-9YBM-TB3?i=12&cc=1727033&personaUrl=%2Fark%3A%2F61903%2F1%3A1%3AM5X9-TSH
- Johannes Find-a-Grave memorial: https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/127782467/johanna-marie-emmertsen